Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Study: More Parents Pushing To Spread Out Their Children's Vaccines Doctors under pressure. More and more parents are pushing pediatricians to delay their children's vaccines. Many doctors are going along, against their better judgment.
- New Mannequin Helps First Responders Save Lives A life-saving tool has a life of its own. Creators of the Trauma Hal mannequin unveiled it to first responders this weekend.
- Baltimore School Celebrates 4000th Donation In National Salad Bar Program The first lady wants every child in America to have access to a salad bar in their school cafeteria. Today, a Baltimore City elementary school was the 4,000th school to get one!
- Walk-In Clinic Opens In Annapolis Grocery Store Annapolis residents will now have another place to get medical attention.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center To Get Cardiac Surgery Program Anne Arundel Medical Center is hoping to bring a cardiac surgery program to Anne Arundel County. AAMC is collaborating with Johns Hopkins.
- Red Cross Seeks Blood Donors Throughout March The American Red Cross are seeking blood donors throughout March, Red Cross Month.
- The Story Of Sharing America’s Marrow Sam Kimura, her sister and her best friend are on a mission to help people around the country in need of life saving blood marrow. See how these three young women are going about making a real difference.
- Maryland Working On Legal Action On Health Exchange Problems Maryland officials continue to work on recouping money from contractors involved in the state's badly flawed initial rollout of its health exchange website, the health exchange's executive director said Wednesday.
- Maryland Extends Health Exchange Signup Period For Some Maryland's health insurance exchange is extending enrollment nearly two weeks for those who began applying by Sunday.
- Popular DJ Gets Second Chance At Life Less than a year ago, popular Mix 106.5 radio personality Maria Dennis got the shock of her life: she had leukemia. Now she's getting a second chance at life.
- Baltimore Bearing Down For Dangerously Cold Conditions Across the region, people are bearing down for a cold few days.
- Advocates Want Protection For Minors Against Indoor Tanning Ban the tan. Annapolis is considering outlawing tanning beds for minors.
- Man Not Criminally Responsible in Healthcare Facility Assault Lamont Stafford, 40, is not criminally responsible in the NMS Healthcare facility assault.
- Fire Marshal: 13 Fire Deaths In Maryland So Far This Year The number of fire deaths has increased by 30 percent in the first 42 days of 2015 compared to the same time frame last year.
- Md. Measure Would Create Punitive Damages For Drunk Driving A measure in Maryland would allow punitive civil penalties against some drunk drivers.