Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Man Who Received Face Transplant Meets With Md. Family That Made It Possible The man who received the world's most complex face transplant ever meets with the Maryland family that donated it. Those emotional moments -- on camera for the first time.
- Md. Lab First Alerted Army About Potentially Deadly Anthrax Mistake How did the military ship live anthrax around the country -- including to a lab here in Maryland?
- Active Tuberculosis Case Reported At Md. High School An unidentified person has been diagnosed with an active case of tuberculosis at Rockville High School.
- Md. Schools Participating In 'Play 60' Health And Wellness Program Taking to the field. Area students follow up on a commitment to eat healthier and be more active.
- Widow Of Former Ravens Player A Part Of New Lawsuit Against NFL Teams Painkiller pressure. A federal lawsuit is filed against NFL teams across the country by a Baltimore-based attorney.
- Sugar Free Initiatives Bill To Be Introduced Baltimore City Council prepares to tackle what some consider a huge health issue--sugary drinks.
- Former Players: NFL Teams 'Conspired' To Push Painkillers Hundreds of former players have filed a lawsuit claiming all 32 NFL teams, their doctors, trainers and medical staffs obtained and provided painkillers to players -- often illegally -- as part of a decades-long conspiracy to keep them on the field...
- Ceremony Honors First Responders & Hero Children Setting aside one day to honor those who save lives every day---not just first responders but also Maryland citizens.
- Maryland Reports 21 Percent Increase In Fatal Overdoses Maryland's health department says the state had a 21 percent increase in fatal drug overdoses in 2014, compared to the previous year.
- Former Beauty Queen Taking Drastic Steps To Avoid Breast Cancer An update on a story we first brought you two years ago. A former beauty queen from Maryland makes a brave decision—removing both of her breasts because most of her female relatives died of breast cancer.
- Doctor With Rape Conviction Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit A doctor who got a Maryland medical license despite his Florida rape conviction has settled a wrongful death lawsuit in Baltimore County.
- U.S. In Grip Of What Experts Call 'Pollen Tsunami' If you have red, itchy eyes or stuffed-up sinuses, you are not alone. Allergy experts across the country are warning of a "pollen tsunami."
- Health Dept. Expands Screening For Tuberculosis At Catonsville High Eleven more people are being asked to get screened for tuberculosis within a Baltimore County high school community.
- New Details About Tech Mogul David Goldberg's Death Autopsy results suggest that 47-year-old David Goldberg had a heart arrhythmia. This may have caused him to fall while working out, leading to his fatal head injury on Friday.
- Family: Teens Still Critical 6 Weeks After Resort Poisoning Two Delaware teenagers are still in critical condition more than six weeks after a banned pesticide was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying, their family said Monday.