Dog Days Of Summer Click here to view or upload pictures to our slideshow
Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Baltimore's Casey Cares Has New Fundraising Idea There is a national organization here in Baltimore that is helping critically ill children and their families make their time away from the hospital more pleasant.
- Mild July Temperatures Make, Tie Record Lows At BWI Mild July temperatures are making and tying record lows set at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport.
- Md. Schools Get $10.7M Grant To Study STDs The University of Maryland Schools of Dentistry and Medicine have received a $10.7 million grant over five years to study the causes, prevention and treatment of sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Local Veterans Sound Off After Latest Round of VA Woes Tens of thousands of veterans are waiting months to see a doctor. Now local veterans are sounding off as Congress takes action to try and correct the issues at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Boy Scout Recovering After Being Bitten By Poisonous Snake An Anne Arundel County Boy Scout is recovering after being bitten by a venomous snake.
- Hopkins Expert: No Cure, Vaccine For Ebola Contracted By 2 American Volunteers In Africa The words ebola and uncontrolled is a dangerous combination. But that’s how health experts are characterizing the current outbreak in Africa.
- New Lab Keeps Md. On Cutting Edge Of Health & Technology Infectious diseases, pathogens and bioterrorism agents are all inside a new building downtown.
- New Council To Address Drug Overdoses In Md. Head-On Fighting a deadly problem. Governor Martin O'Malley recently signed an executive order in a push to prevent the growing number of drug overdoses in Maryland. It's a problem getting out of control.
- Women Define Trauma To Share $190M Hopkins Payout Thousands of women whose genitals might have been photographed during gynecological exams can share a $190 million settlement from Johns Hopkins Health System. But they'll have to describe their trauma before seeing any money.
- Experts: Food Allergies Are Skyrocketing An explosion of food allergies is unique to America and Europe and no one seems to know why.