Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Thousands Hit The Pavement For 8th Annual Zero Prostate Cancer Challenge A new case of prostate cancer is diagnosed every two and a half minutes. Now Chesapeake Urology is fighting back.
- Prince George's Schools Host Immunization Clinics The Prince George's County school system is hosting a free immunization clinic for all students to get their shots before a deadline next week.
- Song About Prostate Cancer Inspired By Md. Man Chances are, you know someone who has prostate cancer. One in six men is affected with the disease, which can be treated if diagnosed in the early stages.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Health Department May Soon Grade Baltimore Restaurants Baltimore City council is moving forward with a plan to have the health department grade restaurants in the city.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- Could Potentially Deadly Enterovirus Spread To Maryland? Kids in Virginia are coming down with what doctors suspect is the potentially deadly enterovirus strain that has hospitalized children in the midwest---so the obvious question is, will it move into Maryland?