Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Case Of Tuberculosis Confirmed In Catonsville A case of tuberculosis has been confirmed within the Catonsville High School community.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Recalled Tuesday morning, retailers in 23 states are pulling Blue Bell Ice Cream from store shelves and consumers are being told not to eat any Blue Bell Ice Cream they may have at home. Last Monday night, the Texas company issued a voluntary recall for all...
- Duff Goldman Discusses Importance Of Healthy Breakfast A Baltimore County school is celebrating Monday and they're doing it with the help of a celebrity chef.
- Morgan State University Goes Smoke-Free One Maryland university is stamping out smoking on its campus. Morgan State University says its new policy covers all tobacco products---even for visitors.
- Actress Rita Wilson Announces She Has Breast Cancer, Had Double Mastectomy Actress Rita Wilson announced Tuesday she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- American Ebola Patient Successfully Treated, Discharged From NIH The American health care worker admitted to NIH with Ebola has been successfully treated.
- Could A Baltimore Company Be Developing An Ebola Vaccine? Major news from a Baltimore based bio-tech firm. It's the first in the world to report success with an Ebola vaccine that's effective against the train that's killed thousands in West Africa.
- American Ebola Patient's Condition Improves The condition of the American being treated for Ebola at a Maryland hospital has improved.
- 'Fight Club' Actor Speaks Out Against Fracking A controversial natural gas and oil drilling process called fracking is getting a lot of attention in Annapolis this year.
- New Health Center To Open In Catonsville In just a few weeks, a new era of health care begins in the Baltimore area.
- 3rd Salisbury University Student Diagnosed With Tuberculosis Health officials say a third Salisbury University student has been diagnosed with tuberculosis.
- New Cancer Report May Help Doctors ID Which Patients More At Risk A new national report on cancer offers a road map for targeting cancer more precisely.
- American Doctor Who Survived Ebola Virus Talks About His Experience An American doctore who was infected with the Ebola virus shares what that experience was like with members of Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.