- Goals For Your Children Learning goals for your children fall into two categories. One is to build a foundation for the reading and math skills they will carry into elementary school and the second is to build the social, emotional and motivational skills that are critical...
- The Importance Of Speech And Language Speech and language skills are at the root of your child’s cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Boys’ Latin 8th Grade Students Develop Proposal for President Obama On Mexico-US Immigration Reform Boston University Professor and author of Raising Global IQ: Preparing our Students for a Shrinking Planet Carl Hobert will direct a one-day international conflict analysis, management and prevention workshop at The Boys’ School of Maryland on...
- AHA! Thoughts, Questions, And Some 'Aha' Moments From The Academic Realm Teaching kindness not only reinforces in students the attitude that we are all, ourselves included, valuable but also has the potential to reinforce an optimistic world view.
- Md. AG To Announce Social Media Education Campaign Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler is planning to announce a social media education campaign.
- Summit To Boost Interest In STEM Education A national commission is holding a summit aimed at improving education in science, technology and math.
- ACT Scores Show Many Grads Not Ready for College-level Work The latest scores from the ACT college entrance exam suggest many of this year's high school graduates aren't ready for college-level course work.
- Big Dreams for Students As Learning Begins in AACo. The new school year begins today for thousands of students and teachers in Maryland, including at Anne Arundel County's Park Elementary School. WJZ's Devin Bartolotta has more on the thousands of fresh faces with big dreams and eager to learn.
- Baltimore Officials Add Finishing Touches Before Thousands Head Back to School Officials are adding finishing touches before day number one. The task is massive--preparing 159 schools. That's hundreds of classrooms with four set me to sparkle and walls that need to be spotless. Ava-joye Burnett reports.
- Back To School Safety: Students, Drivers Reminded to 'Look Up & Look Out' With the start of school just days away, State Highway Administration has teamed up with Baltimore County Schools for some important reminders for kids and drivers.
- Baltimore City Schools May Set Minimum GPA For Student Athletes Athletes within Baltimore City schools may soon have to hit the books a little harder. The board is considering setting a minimum GPA requirement to participate in school sports.