- Goals For Your Children Learning goals for your children fall into two categories. One is to build a foundation for the reading and math skills they will carry into elementary school and the second is to build the social, emotional and motivational skills that are critical...
- The Importance Of Speech And Language Speech and language skills are at the root of your child’s cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Boys’ Latin 8th Grade Students Develop Proposal for President Obama On Mexico-US Immigration Reform Boston University Professor and author of Raising Global IQ: Preparing our Students for a Shrinking Planet Carl Hobert will direct a one-day international conflict analysis, management and prevention workshop at The Boys’ School of Maryland on...
- AHA! Thoughts, Questions, And Some 'Aha' Moments From The Academic Realm Teaching kindness not only reinforces in students the attitude that we are all, ourselves included, valuable but also has the potential to reinforce an optimistic world view.
- Md. AG To Announce Social Media Education Campaign Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler is planning to announce a social media education campaign.
- Summit To Boost Interest In STEM Education A national commission is holding a summit aimed at improving education in science, technology and math.
- College Hazing Victims Want Md. To Toughen Penalties Cracking down on college hazing. Victims of this barbaric rite of passage want Maryland to impose tougher penalties on the people and organizations that do it.
- Once In 100 Years, Pi Day Like This Comes Along At Md. Lab Friday is the deadline to get a "Most Epic Pi Day Ever" T-shirt commemorating the March 14 Pi Day race and a celebration at the county's unique Earth Space Science Lab.
- Md. Charter School Bill Gets Mixed Grades At Hearing Expanding Maryland's charter school law promotes flexibility and freedom -- or does it lower education standards and limit local oversight?
- New Bill Proposes Armed Officers In Baltimore Schools A controversial new bill proposes armed police officers inside Baltimore City schools. Some say it will make students and faculty safer; others argue it sends the wrong message to students.
- Baltimore School Celebrates 4000th Donation In National Salad Bar Program The first lady wants every child in America to have access to a salad bar in their school cafeteria. Today, a Baltimore City elementary school was the 4,000th school to get one!