- Goals For Your Children Learning goals for your children fall into two categories. One is to build a foundation for the reading and math skills they will carry into elementary school and the second is to build the social, emotional and motivational skills that are critical...
- The Importance Of Speech And Language Speech and language skills are at the root of your child’s cognitive and social-emotional development.
- Boys’ Latin 8th Grade Students Develop Proposal for President Obama On Mexico-US Immigration Reform Boston University Professor and author of Raising Global IQ: Preparing our Students for a Shrinking Planet Carl Hobert will direct a one-day international conflict analysis, management and prevention workshop at The Boys’ School of Maryland on...
- AHA! Thoughts, Questions, And Some 'Aha' Moments From The Academic Realm Teaching kindness not only reinforces in students the attitude that we are all, ourselves included, valuable but also has the potential to reinforce an optimistic world view.
- Md. AG To Announce Social Media Education Campaign Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler is planning to announce a social media education campaign.
- Summit To Boost Interest In STEM Education A national commission is holding a summit aimed at improving education in science, technology and math.
- High School Graduation Rate Reaches New High President Barack Obama says changes made to demand more from teachers and students are paying off as high school graduation rates have reached a record high of 83.2 percent.
- 10 Md. Schools Score National Blue Ribbon Award Several schools in the state have scored the coveted National Blue Ribbon award.
- State School Board Discusses Waivers to Labor Day Start Maryland's state school board has adopted a resolution to "expeditiously" approve waivers to Gov. Larry Hogan's order to start school after Labor Day starting next year, if local school boards can explain the educational benefits to students.
- Poll: 67 Percent Support Hogan's Post-Labor Day School Start A new poll has found that while 54 percent of Maryland residents say an executive order should be used "rarely or never," 67 percent approved of Gov. Larry Hogan using one to start schools after Labor Day.
- Baltimore Vaccination Deadline: Thousands of Students Could Be Barred From Classroom Today is the deadline for Baltimore City school students to meet vaccinations requirements or they will be barred from the classroom.