Latest Baltimore Healthwatch
If you haven’t been under an ice bucket lately, you’ve probably been under a rock. The Ice Bucket Challenge has social media on fire, raising millions for the ALS Association.
The videos are all over the internet: people dumping buckets of ice water over their heads. It’s all for a good cause. The ALS “Ice Bucket Challenge.”
Researchers at the Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick are planning a study on an experimental drug that was given to two American aid workers to treat the Ebola virus.
With more than 700 people dead from the Ebola virus in West Africa, fears are running rampant of the virus spreading globally. The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is siding on caution.
A Maryland man is dead after his family says he didn’t receive adequate medical treatment in Liberia.
- Md. Health Secretary To Join Johns Hopkins Public Health Faculty 07/30/2014
- Hopkins Expert: No Cure, Vaccine For Ebola Contracted By 2 American Volunteers In Africa 07/28/2014
- Md. Officials Provide Update On Health Exchange 07/15/2014
- Great Prostate Cancer Challenge Held Sunday 09/09/2012
- Check Out The CBS HealthWatch Colorectal Webcast 03/29/2012
- Visit CBS Baltimore’s Your Home 03/16/2012