More Latest Photos

Ravens Beat Bengals 20-0The Baltimore Ravens begin the 2017 season 1-0. The defense showed up to help Flacco and the offense bring home a 20-0 victory.
Catastrophic Flooding From Tropical Storm Harvey Hits HoustonWaters flood major roads in Houston as the fourth largest city in the US battles with tropical storm Harvey and resulting floods.
Photo Gallery: Hurricane Harvey Attacks The Texas CoastThe streets are empty before the arrival of Hurricane Harvey on August 25, 2017 in Corpus Christi, Texas. Hurricane Harvey has intensified into a hurricane and is aiming for the Texas coast with the potential for up to 3 feet of rain and 125 mph winds.
25 Most Beautiful Photos Of Oriole Park At Camden Yards Over 25 YearsIn celebration of the 25th anniversary of Oriole Park at Camden Yards, here are 25 of our favorite photos of the beautiful park from over the years.
GALLERY: Violence Following White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville
Ravens Beat The Redskins 23-3 In Preseason OpenerThe Ravens scored 13 points while Mallett was in the game, including a 2-yard touchdown run by Terrance West following two costly penalties by the Redskins: pass interference for 23 yards on a third-and-8 and an illegal formation on a field goal try that hit the left upright.

1. Greg Hill says:

It has has been truely an honor to know the Honorable Mr. Schaefer! Mr. Schaefer; as I knew him practically all my life! I can remember as a little boy; I first meant Mr. Schaefer, on Ruxton Ave.; where he was living with his mother and I used to deliver the Morning Sun the house every morning and weekend. Even when he became Mayor of Baltimore; He still remained the same Mr. Schaefer I have always know; he always took the time to stop and say how are you doing today? when I went into the military and would get info on what was happening here in Bmore!, Mayor Schaefer was in the lime light for doing something or saying something @ making a change in developing a new and better Baltimore. When I came back home before getting out of the military; I was truely amazed in seeing a real change and upgrade in the inner city low income areas as well as the surrounding areas. And when Mr. Schaefer became Governor; you could not help but see the up and coming New Baltimore City. I could go on and on about the Honorable Mr. Schaefer; If I was to do that, then there would be a book of the rememberance of a man who has really made Baltimore a better place to live, visit or just plain driving through; You would see Mayor/Governor Schaefer name all over it! So in saying all of this! For me it has been a pleasure to have known Mr. Schaefer, A true brethering of the armed forces as my Father from World War II; A true Veterin; Mayor and Governor and the final seal of approval; Comptroller for the state of maryland. Thank you Mr. Schaefer; for giving Hope & Life to so many people in Baltimore. You are a part of my history and you will never be forgotten; Hopefully; Those who follow in your vocation; will have even a greater Love for the people and city of Baltimore. Again Thank You!!! Mr. Schaefer.

2. PAT says:

THANK YOU FATHER FOR SUCH A MAN AS THIS, HE WAS A GOOD MAN WHO KNEW HOW TO ROLL UP HIS SLEEVES AND HE PUT HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH WAS. GOOD HELP THIS CITY,

3. BridgetS says:

RIP Mr. William Donald Shaefer. My most heartfelt rememberance will be when you spoke to the 290th Military Police Company in Towson, Maryland before we went off to Saudi Arabia for the first Gulf war. You were a good man.

4. Stephanie Martin says:

William Donald Schaefer was the consummate politician. He set the bar high and he worked tirelessly on behalf of the citizens of Baltimore and Maryland. He was truly a man who cared. Godspeed, Mr. Schaefer, you made our corner of the world a better place. Thank you for your service.

5. Pamela Unglesbee Semies says:

Pam Unglesbee
    I won’t be mailing your Easter Card as I had planned not a typical card for Easter but as I read it, It just seem to fit you. The Oak Tree
    A mighty wind blew night and day, It stole the oak’s leaves away, Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark..until the oak was tired and stark. But still the oak tree held its ground, while other trees fell all around.
    The weary wind gave up and spoke,”How can you still be standing Oak?” The oak tree said “I know that you can break each branch of mine in two, carry every leaf away, Shake my limbs and make me sway. But I have roots stretched in the earth, Growing stronger since my birth. You’ll never touch them, for you see, They are the deepest part of me.
    Until today, I wasn’t sure of just how much I could endure. But now I’ve found, with thanks to you, I’m stronger than I ever knew.” Happy Easter and may you know all the
    wonderful blessings God can bestow. It has been a privilege to have you for my friend
    You will remain in our memories and hearts.

6. Virginia Hof says:

Hilda May Snoops was our OB Head Nurse back in the late sixties and used to brag about William Donald and that he would be great one day. As young smart alec nurses, we would tease William Donald WHO? Boy was she right. We saw him at our Lutheran Hospital dances with Hilda May. He was rather shy, but very pleasent. We lived near his Mom’s home in west Baltimore and also would see him there. We watched him grow into a great leader but still had time to stop and talk like when I asked him to say hello to Hilda May. He shook my hand and said yes and assured me he remembered the good old days at our dances. He made me feel like we were friends and THAT is what made him GREAT. REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND.

7. Rosemary Adams says:

Mayor, Governor or whom ever he was William Donald Shaefer was a good man. Always pleasant and had a small on his face unless something was on his mind but he still was a great person. No one can ever take his place as being Mayor or Governor and especially Comptroller of Maryland he was one of the best Comptroller for the State of Maryland. RIP we all will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

1. Rosemary Adams says:

I would like to correct the spelling of Schaefer

8. Blake R. Baines says:

When I was 22, in 1978, I moved to Mt. Vernon to attend school at MICA. Going to Art school was my dream and Baltimore was the place to be. Oprah was on “People Are Talking”, I was in art school & Schaefer was mayor of Baltimore city. In the next few years I watched as Harbor Place was born, as well as the convention center and the renaissance of the city! We felt so safe in the city , unlike now. I suspect we felt taken care of as Schaefer’s citizens living in one of the most vibrant cities in the country, maybe even the world. William Donald Schaefer wanted it to be so, and it truly was! His tireless service was notable and lasting, what more could you want from a life well lived! God Bless you, we shall always remember you as “the Governor of Baltimore!” Rest in peace HON!

9. Crystal Kennell says:

Myself & my family,had often seen Governor Schaefer at Stoney Creek Inn resturant in Pasadena.He was a regular there,& so was I & my family.When we seen him,he always conversated with us,& he was overall very friendly.He was also a terrific governor!If we had more politicians today who had even half his spark,persistence,& get it done now attitude,the United States would be a much better place!!He did alot for the city of Baltimore & Maryland in general!He will be greatly missed!We’ll never have another like him,he was truly one of a kind!Thank you for everything you have done for us governor!Now you can finally rest in piece,after your lifetime of hard work………….

10. Gerald Bowman says:

God Bless his soul. I have never met him but I live few miles from the city and played softball and visiting friends mostly in the city. The recreation field were in superb shape all over the city. Rarely, you see trash strewn around the streets. You would not mind walking for the length to go to stores, parks and friends house that you could not do that nowadays.Schaefer was the reason for all of this. Today, every politican would not give a chance to make a mistake or his/her career will be over. Schaefer did not care about that. He wanted them fixed and get them done. For the next election, please try and seek
    the person who want to help people like Donald Schaefer. He did not have much money when first seeking election. He had to borrow money to buy election sheet. So, don’t seek person with wealth, connections, fancy suits but seek one that resemble
    Schaefer’s humility.

11. Jeanne Aro says:

I grew up in South Baltimore, but I only actually saw Mayor Schaefer one time. That one time was enough to make an impression on me. I was leaving work, coming out of the Fayette Street door of the Munsey Building . To my surprise, Mayor Schaefer was walking up the street. He tipped his hat and said “Hi” as if he knew me. The thing that surprised me was the fact that he was walking up the street like an ordinary citizen instead of being driven in a fancy car. I knew right then and there that he was a kind man who didn’t put himself above anyone else. As he didn’t have a formal family of his own, Baltimore was his family. For this reason I think that from this day forward he should be known as Father Baltimore.

12. Jim says:

Hello, Justin!Thanks for sharing this! Is lrleay interesting and useful and it could be a great inspiration for many people. Great blog!Congrats!MattMatt recently posted..

13. Filippo says:

HI DonThanks for the post. Sounds like you’ve got a good system for dnisovercig new music AND supporting the stuff you like.I can break it down pretty simply like this:Downloading music (where you get an actual file that you keep on your computer, ipod, etc.) or buying a hard copy of a CD involves paying a mechanical royalty, a portion of which goes directly to artists. This kind of royalty is MUCH bigger than the fractions of pennies for what we call on-demand streaming where a file is not actually downloaded but instead is streamed in real time. One concern that musicians and song writers have is that more and more people will choose to stream on-demand INSTEAD of downloading mp3s or buying CDs, thereby cutting of that mechanical royalty stream. Consumers like you, who discover new music through social media and streaming services and then go BUY what they like, are not the norm. It’s too early to say for sure what impact services like Spotify will actually have on artists. But my educated guess is it won’t be good. One part of the answer is buying music directly from artists. This is a hugely positive thing. I’m thankful that the label I’m on allows me to sell my records myself directly from my site (see the music page). But my site is not where people look first. Until it is, it will remain a small part of my overall sales.Spreading the word about music you dig is also positive. Spotify, Mog, Last.fm are all good for spreading the word ..But new technology is always a double-edged sword. The fear: money for creative music, especially stuff on the fringe, might get sliced too thin.