police lights generic

3 In Md. Sickened By Fumes From Cleaning Products

Authorities say three people were sickened by fumes from a combination of cleaning products at a residential community clubhouse near Frederick.


severe burns from cleaner

A Cleaning Crew Mistake Sidelines Several HS Football Players With Severe Burns

A mistake by a cleaning crew at a Montgomery County high school sends several students to the hospital with severe burns. Now those students — who are football players — will be off the field for quite a while.


Md. HS Football Players Suffered 1st & 2nd Degree Burns By Cleaning Agent

Parents of football players at a Montgomery County school are furious after some of the boys suffered first- and second-degree burns from a powerful cleaning agent.


(Photo Credit: Thinkstock)

How To Maintain A Gas Grill

If you’ve invested in a gas grill, you’re probably looking forward to a few summers of succulent barbecues. If you want to prolong the life of your grill, and investment, the proper care is non-negotiable. Here are your must-do grill maintenance steps.


(Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Sheriff’s Office: Woman Mixed Cleaners, Died

The Worcester County Sheriff’s Office says a 75-year-old woman died after cleaning her home in Berlin.



Md. Cleaning Franchises See Opportunities

Susan and Mark Cashman traded in corporate culture and world travel for mops and brooms.



EPA Warehouse Needs Cleanup; Feces, Mold Found

The Environmental Protection Agency has some cleaning up of its own to do.



Fumes At Elkton Elementary School Send 5 To Hospital

Fumes from a cleaning solution used at a school in Elkton sent five people to the hospital.


spring clean up

$24,000 Up For Grabs In Baltimore Spring Cleaning Competition

Baltimore community members have a chance to win some big money. It’s all part of the Clean Community Competition.



Many Cleaning Products Said To Contain Toxins

Household cleaning products may be linked to health problems such as asthma, allergic reactions and cancer.


Credit: AP

Gum Removal Is Big Business In Washington

Duane M. Cummins has removed gum from the rooftop of the W Hotel, the entrance of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum and from under the tables at Dave & Buster’s.


(credit: Thinkstock)

Cleaning Up Your Spring Cleanup Plan in Baltimore

Whether you’re in Essex, Towson or Catonsville, now’s the time to renew your home.