Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to EscapeThe State Fire Marshal says a family dog alerted the son of the owner of a Harford County house about a kitchen fire.
1 Dead In Downtown Hagerstown FireA Hagerstown city spokeswoman says the state medical examiner's office is working to identify a person who died in a downtown apartment building fire.
Md. Fire Marshal Offers Halloween Safety TipsThe state fire marshal is urging residents to use battery operated candles instead of lighted candles when decorating for Halloween.
Fire Marshal Orders Apartments Over Nightclub VacatedThe Office of the State Fire Marshal has ordered apartments over a Frostburg nightclub vacated because of fire code violations.
Hardware Store Fire Caused By Electrical ProblemThe State Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that heavily damaged a Joppa hardware store and injured two firefighters was caused by an electrical problem.
Carroll County Man Finds Pipe Bomb In His MailboxPolice are trying to track down the person behind a dangerous pipe bomb found in a Carroll County mailbox.
4 Charged In String Of Western Md. ArsonsA 20-year-old man led a group of acquaintances in setting about 40 fires and dared a state investigator to "catch me if you can" in a message he spray-painted on a car, the Maryland fire marshal said Tuesday.
Beautiful But Dangerous: Md. Bans Use Of Sky LanternsThey are used for celebration and tribute, but now Maryland has banned the use of aerial luminaries known as sky lanterns.
Fire Damages Downtown Hagerstown BuildingFire investigators are going to work in downtown Hagerstown after a blaze destroyed the top two floors of a vacant, five-story building.
Md. Fire Deaths Down 22 Percent In 2012The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says fire-related deaths in the state fell by 22 percent last year.
Body Found In Burned Mobile Home Near SharpsburgInvestigators are trying to identify a body found in the smoldering ruins of a mobile home near Sharpsburg.
Power Return Ignites Fire From Hot Iron In Md. The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says the restoration of electricity to a Washington County home did more harm than good.