Big Beer Vs. Craft Beer At The Ballpark
- TasteTaste, like beauty, is in the eye (or taste buds) of the beholder (or Beerholder). Hard to go wrong with a classic American lager or pilsner like your Dad & Grandad drank at the game.So many options! You like it hoppy? Sharp? Dark? Woody? Bright? You don't have to be a beer snob to find one that's right up your alley, including the classic tastes.
- Alcohol ContentUsually somewhere between 4% & 6% a beer or so; probably just about right for a downing a few in a family environment.Most craft beers are higher averaging for example 7% to 10% ABV with some reaching close to 20%...or higher. Slow down buddy, there are kids here!
- CostIt's the Ballpark, so it's all pricey - generally the tallboys of domestics are your best bet though.Pricey, plus a little more coin for a little less. Maybe it's worth it for some, but we are going value.
- AccessCold Beer Here, Ice Cold Beer here! You don't have to get out of your seat...ever, lazy summer day ball park brews are nice.If you are an upper deck-er at Camden Yards those IPA Kiosks can get you walking a bit looking for one & the lines...the lines.
- Style PointsYou won't catch me with an overpriced hipster beer, I'm an actual man & I'm here for SPORTS!Depends on who you are trying to impress, but a quality beer shows you are a man of taste & distinction...even with a little mustard on your shirt.
You really can't go wrong with a cold one on a summer day at the ball park, it's an American tradition as old as the game itself. As long as you keep it in moderation & respect other fans it's all good. But for our purposes, if it was good enough for your Dad, Granddad & his dad it's good enough for you - Beer man over here! ...and don't take a sip of someone's beer while you pass it down the row!