(WJZ) Baltimore Orioles outfielder Luke Scott wasn’t only talking baseball at the winter meetings on Tuesday. He questioned President Barack Obama’s birthplace and claimed he did not represent the United States.

“Obama does not represent America. Nor does he represent anything what our forefathers stood for,” Scott said in an interview with David Brown of Yahoo’s Big League Stew.

The 32-year-old went on to say Obama has no legal documentation.

“He was not born here. That’s my belief. I was born here,” Scott said. “If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, ‘See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.’ The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn’t answer anything. And why? Because he’s hiding something.”

Click here to read more of the article.

Comments (1,166)
  1. Mahkina says:

Obama hasn’t spent a dime trying to hide his birth certificate. Just because you read it in a post doesn’t make it true. It’s amazing how in one page this dollar amount that you people claim he spent (although he spent nothing at all) has skyrocketed from thousands, to a million, to 2 million. Wow. It’s just so easy for some of you to spread bad information because you don’t have to suffer the consequences, huh?

Go to snopes.com and you can look up this whole controversy. They debunk all of the false rumors and allegations. They also debunk pretty much any rumor or wives-tale you have ever heard.

I can understand not liking someone, but you lose a lot of credibility when you harp on things and tout things that are provably false. If you really want to make an impact then you should seek the truth, no matter if you initially agree with that truth or not, rather than believing things that aren’t true just because they reinforce your feelings about something one way or the other.

It’s good to question anything and everything, even Obama’s birthplace. However, when the truth is right in front of your face don’t deny it. That’s just childish and proves there are other biases affecting your decisions and conclusions. Racism perhaps? Die-hard republican? Libertarian? Whatever it is, don’t deny the truth.

1. Every twenty or thirty comments, the voice of reason speaks up!

2. talons24 says:

Really Mahkina? What Hospital was Obama born in? Who was the Dr. that performed the birth? What time was he born? What? you cant look at his “birth certificate” and see that information? wow, thats strange huh? Why dont you look at your birth certificate and see if that same information is on yours. I would bet it is.
      That doesnt sound just a little bit strange that he hasnt released that information? Why not? I thought he was supposed to do what was in the best interests of the citizens of the United States. How is he refusing to release this information in our best interests?

1. Ed Darrell says:

According to the Constitution, a person must be born in the U.S. The certificate available says he was.

How much more do you need, Talons24? Nothing.

But if you were alert, you could have learned the name of the delivering physician — there is the public lament that he died before Obama was elected and didn’t live to see it. There is the testimony of the people in the hospital at the same time.

Strange that you ask more from Obama than any other president. What is the source of your unholy bias?

2. Mahkina says:

Yes, really, Talons24.

You are a perfect example, Talons24, of what I was talking about. I told you exactly where you need to go (one of many places you can find the correct information) to find that information because your insistence that he wasn’t born here is provably false. However, you still hold onto the incorrect thought because you likely have some kind of personal bias or prejudice leading you to that conclusion.

Since when did you become an expert on the information required on a birth certificate? Did you question where any President before Obama was born?

Look, if the evidence was truly there to show he wasn’t born a U.S. citizen, then I’d be right along with you, saying he shouldn’t be President. But the evidence isn’t there. In fact, U.S. citizenship law clearly states that you only need to be born to one U.S. citizen, and it doesn’t matter where in the world the birth occurs, to be born a U.S. citizen by “acquisition” of citizenship. So, the argument that he isn’t legally aloud to be President is null and void because his mother is a U.S. citizen.

It doesn’t “sound strange” that “he hasn’t released that information,” because he did release all pertinent information required to be eligible for U.S. Presidency. It’s just that you, like many other “birthers,” haven’t bothered to look it up and perpetuate false rumors because they bolster your belief about someone you don’t like, and wouldn’t like, even if he were, in your mind, born a U.S. citizen.

If you’re a fiscal conservative, there are plenty of reason to not like Obama. However, use facts and valid criticism instead of false information to support your beliefs.

Like I said, it’s good to questions things. But don’t do it out of racism or political bias. And be willing to accept to truth when it’s staring you in the face. Stop contriving conspiracy theories and start finding facts.

2. RJH says:

The best testament to the superiority of Obama’s intellect compared to people like this outfielder is that Obama hasn’t wasted one iota of energy on this propaganda.

1. red says:

Obama didn’t “waste” time on his college work either. Neither did his old lady. They have a lot to hide!

3. ThinkAboutIt says:

Has anyone considered the mess that has evolved BEFORE Obama came in to the picture? Has anyone realized that no matter WHO is in office, we will have the SAME issues? Republican or Democrat… It takes time and support for the right causes… not slandering people or race. Instead of criticizing, take a stand in helping our government and stop complaining and whining. No matter who is in office; let your voice be heard without hate, regret, racism, blame or even anger behind it.

As a public figure, I think Luke Scott is showing ignorance… What doea a birth certificate have to do with anything… Someone said that Obama is not who the US represent… but who is? I have yet to find someone who is 100% American and can trace it through their roots… WE ARE ALL HUMAN so what difference does it make???

Last I checked, how can you make a comment on something you never seen… maybe it has not been talked about because its childish!

Think About It!

4. rktex says:

I assume most of you who think Obama wasn’t born in the US voted for McCain.

Did you know McCain wasn’t born in the US?

Look it up.

5. Darin says:

this is the proof but I must say it looks computer generated and NOT a scanned image…
    I don’t think he is inherently evil, just no where near experienced enough to do the job. I would opt for Hillary any day!

6. loveoneanother says:

It is so so sad We all where created equal by the man up stairs and and if anyone is discriminated it is us white american. We all need to come together in these hard times and stick together and stop this nonsense. We all put our pants on the same way. We all should treat each other the way we would want to be treated

7. top mistakes says:

Your site is pretty interesting to me and your topics are very relevant. I was browsing around and came across something you might find interesting. I was guilty of 3 of them with my sites. “99% of website managers are doing these five errors”. http://is.gd/FDoL2T You will be suprised how easy they are to fix.

8. 5 mistakes says:

Your site is pretty interesting to me and your topics are very relevant. I was browsing around and came across something you might find interesting. I was guilty of 3 of them with my sites. “99% of blog owners are guilty of these five errors”. http://tinyurl.com/blwxft4 You will be suprised how easy they are to fix.

9. racunovodstvo says:

Great work! That is the type of info that should be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for now not positioning this submit higher! Come on over and consult with my site . Thanks =)

10. akwarystyczny says:

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to go back the prefer?.I am trying to in finding things to improve my site!I guess its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!