EASTON, Md. (AP) — Fire officials say a resident’s dog alerted him to a fire in a farmhouse. 

It happened Sunday about 1:25 a.m. on Gannon Road. When firefighters arrived, electrical wiring was arcing and fire could be seen near the electric meter outside the two-story farmhouse. 

READ MORE: Maryland Weather: Severe Storm Threat Prompts Alert Day Saturday

About 35 firefighters brought the blaze under control in about 90 minutes. The tenant and his three pets escaped. There were no injuries. 

READ MORE: Baltimore Police Stepping Up Deployment On Fourth Of July Weekend, Commissioner Says

Damage was estimated at $40,000. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. 

MORE NEWS: State Police Expand Traffic Enforcement On I-83 In Baltimore City

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)