BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A wild police pursuit ended with a violent crash and a suspect on the run. Now we’re learning more about that suspect and what happened.

Rochelle Ritchie has the latest.

Sky Eye Chopper 13 caught the beginning and end of what could have turned into an even more dangerous situation as the suspect showed no regard for the lives around him, tearing through city and county streets.

Darryl Watson, 26, is now in police custody after crashing into a car and fleeing on foot with Anne Arundel County Police hot on his trail.

“He was ultimately located about 25 minutes later hiding inside of an abandoned home on Reece Road,” Justin Mulcahy, a spokesman for the Anne Arundel County Police Department, said.

Watson’s run from the law started in Baltimore City. Preliminary reports say officers tried to stop Watson after he side-swiped a car and kept going.

Police followed him through downtown streets. Watson then hopped on I-97 South toward Anne Arundel County.

Baltimore City police called off their pursuit and alerted Anne Arundel County Police of the suspect coming their way.

Sky Eye Chopper 13 stayed with Watson as he drove erratically on the interstate during rush hour. He came very close to hitting several cars and running some off the road.

“Certainly a dangerous situation, not just in our county but in other areas. He was putting people in jeopardy by the way he was driving,” Mulcahy said.

Watson eventually got off on Telegraph Road, speeding through a residential neighborhood. As he went to make a left turn, he smashed into a gold sedan. The driver was left stunned.

“Pretty crazy but justice prevails,I guess,” said Ed Blackstock, whose car Watson hit.

Watson’s history with the justice system includes charges for DUI, assault and drug possession. His rap sheet just got much longer with 11 traffic violations he racked up just on Thursday.

“Ranging from leaving the scene of an accident in related type of charges,” Mulcahy said.

Police say the vehicle Watson was driving at the time was not stolen.

Watson remains in jail. He is expected to face charges in Baltimore City as well.