BALTIMORE (WJZ)—No bail. That’s what a Baltimore City judge decides in the case of a caretaker accused of brutally beating an elderly man.

Rochelle Ritchie has the latest on the case making international headlines.

READ MORE: Baltimore City Receives $2M In Funding For Minority Owned Business Development

The State Attorney’s Office called the woman a high flight risk and the judge agreed. She was bailed out of jail before her trial in 2007 and then bailed out of the country.

Just one week after being extradited back to the United States on assault and elderly abuse charges, Anastacia Oluoch– seen in a video punching 90-year-old John Taylor with closed fists–stood in court Thursday hoping for bail.

“I believe that my client is being wrongly convicted in the court of public opinion,”  said her attorney Paul Cocoros.

The bail was denied.

That’s no surprise. Oluoch was set for trial back in 2007, but after posting a $5,000 bail, she fled back to Kenya, Africa.

And for five years, Baltimore City Police and the FBI worked overtime to get her back to the United States to face justice. They finally did last week.

Link: Charging Documents

For the “Baltimore City Police Department, we’ve never been able to extradite someone internationally, so this is a first for our department,” said Det. Julie Pitocchelli, Baltimore City Police.

“I wish my dad were here to see this. I know he is smiling in heaven because his daughter did not let him down,”said Jaki Taylor, victim’s daughter.

READ MORE: Woman Found Dead In East Baltimore Fire Was Shot Beforehand, Police Say

Mr. Taylor died in 2009.

Oluoch was hired by Taylor’s daughter to care for him. Instead a home surveillance shows the caretaker violently beating her father.

“We have video of this woman beating my dad to no end,” Jaki Taylor said.

The video is just one of three other beating incidents the State Attorney’s Office says was captured on camera.

Mr. Taylor, who had suffered two strokes and was bed ridden, can be seen lying defenseless and in agony.

Oluoch faces a slew of charges: four counts of reckless endangerment, four counts of assault and four counts of elderly abuse.

Oluoch’s attorney plans to defend her actions, vigorously.

“She is entitled to a full and complete [trial] based not only on film but all the evidence,” Cocoros said.

Oluoch was placed back behind bars Thursday. A trial date has not been set.

Because Oluoch fled the country after being charged, she could face federal charges.

MORE NEWS: Maryland State Police To Assist U.S. Capitol Police With Security Ahead of Justice For J6 Protest

The Kenyan government and Interpol also assisted in extraditing Oluoch back to the United States.