BELTSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Prince George’s fire officials say two workers were injured in a flash fire at an auto repair shop in Beltsville.

Prince George’s County Fire/EMS spokesman Mark Brady says the fire occurred about 2 p.m. Friday. He said a forklift was driven over a manhole that was venting natural gas from was appears to be a break in the underground line.

Four buildings with about 50 employees were evacuated as a precaution.

The injured workers were taken to a burn unit.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s