WASHINGTON (WJZ) — A big scare for a college in Washington, D.C.
American University was placed on lockdown Wednesday after receiving calls about a man with a gun.
Nearly two hours later, police said those reports were unfounded.
It turns out, someone actually saw the holster of an off-duty police officer.
No one was hurt.
The campus is now operating normally.
Other Local News:
- Hagerstown Man Pleads Guilty In Fentanyl Distribution Conspiracy
- Baltimoreans Get A Chance To See The International Space Station This Weekend
- Maryland Is The Home To Worldwide Leaders In Thrill Ride Business
- UMD Board Of Regents Finds UMD Culpable In Death Of McNair
- Naval Academy’s Cybersecurity Program Receives Accreditation