BALTIMORE (WJZ) — It’s the second largest jackpot in U.S. history!
Kai Jackson has the rush to get that winning lottery ticket.
Like others across the country, Marylanders have lottery fever. If you play, the only remedy is a winning ticket.
At Milford Liquors in Baltimore County, Mega Millions tickets are selling as fast as beer. The jackpot has grown to a staggering $636 million.
In Maryland, everyone hopes they have the winning numbers.
“Oh, I feel very lucky. This the winner. One of these is gonna win tonight,” said Gregory Person. “I know it for a fact.”
“I do think it’s too much for one person to have all to yourself and not give to anybody else,” said Jennifer Milby.
The odds of winning now are nearly astronomical: one in 259 million.
If you win and take the cash option, you’d get $341 million—but wait, there’s more. Uncle Sam would take $85 million in federal taxes out of your pocket and $30 million would go to the state of Maryland.
“That’s what you would have left in your pocket if you were the only holder of the winning ticket,” said Maryland Lottery Director Stephen Martino.
For some, thoughts of champagne wishes and caviar dreams is a pipe dream, unlikely to happen.
“Take care of my kids, that’s it,” said Jason Coxson. “Save it and invest.”
The winning numbers are 8-14-17-20-39 and the Mega Ball is 7.
Other Local News:
- Police Make Arrest In Deaths of 3 Girls Under Age 10 Found Dead In Md. Home
- Skimming Devices Found In Howard County Gas Pumps
- Md. Emergency Crews Respond To Possible Lightning Strikes, Flooded Areas During Severe Weather
- Father Of American Killed In Barcelona: ‘I Just Don’t Understand’
- Ocean City Mayor Invites Mark Zuckerberg To Visit