MILLERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ)— Two people are dead after a Wednesday morning crash on Veterans Highway in Anne Arundel County.
It happened just after 9 a.m. when police say a 1990 BMW 325i traveling southbound on Veterans Highway just past Crain Highway lost control. The vehicle crossed the center line into the northbound lanes of traffic, where it was T-boned by a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.
The BMW driver, 42-year-old Anthony Lee Allen, and front seat passenger, 32-year-old Shane Brandon Snyder, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The other vehicle occupant, Vicki Michelle Collins, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center and is in stable condition.
Alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor. Police say excessive speed and driver error appear to be factors.
These are the first two fatal accidents of 2014. Last year, Anne Arundel County recorded 28 fatalities, down from 39 fatalities in 2012.
Other Local News:
- ‘Historic Building Boom’ | Towson Officials, Business Owners Eagerly Await Completion Of Multiple Construction Projects
- Hogan Criticizes Clean Energy Bill, Sets Separate Goals
- Survey: Should Baltimore County Public Schools Start After Labor Day?
- Overturned Tractor-Trailer Causing Delays On Northbound Route 32 In Howard County
- Do You Recognize These Men? Police Look For Suspects After Woman Found Dead In Shopping Cart