FORT MEADE, Md. (WJZ)–Utility workers make an alarming discovery in a Fort Meade neighborhood: an unexploded ordnance in the ground.
The World War II era mortar training round was found in the Potomac Place housing area at Fort Meade.
Several blocks were evacuated as a precaution while mortar was removed.
Fort Meade says utility crews at the base are trained to know what to do it they find these devices.
Other Local News:
- Police ID Elderly Couple In Murder-Suicide In Retirement Community
- Deck Collapses In Howard County, Injures 8
- Rite-Aid Shooting Victim’s Wife Writes: ‘Sunday Was A Special Person’
- 21-Year-Old Victim Started Working At Rite-Aid Warehouse Two Days Before The Shooting
- MISSING: 28-Year-Old Man Last Seen Saturday