BALTIMORE (WJZ)— After filing for bankruptcy, a boutique inn in Fells Point is getting reprieve.
Jessica Kartalija reports with the help of an A-list actor, the Inn at the Black Olive could thrive.
While in town shooting, actor Woody Harrelson made a change of his own.
“While I was doing ‘Game Change,’ I looked up a place I thought was an unusual name, called The Black Olive. I had one of the best experiences I’ve ever had at a hotel,” Harrelson said.
So he bought it. The inn has green architecture with geothermal heating, sustainable wood furnishings and a green roof.
“I feel like organic is a really important thing, Eco-consciousness is very important. Right now, you have the greenhouse effect and wild fluctuations with the weather and everything,” Harrelson said.
Just blocks from the Four Seasons and other large chain hotels, The Inn at the Black Olive ran into financial trouble.
The market, restaurant and 12 suite inn with spa bathrooms was sold at an auction after filing for bankruptcy.
Harrelson and business partner Jack Dwyer hope to turn things around while keeping the Eco-friendly brand.
Harrelson and Dwyer bought the property for $4.5 million.
Other Local News:
- Bowie Mom Charged With Vehicular Manslaughter In Crash That Killed 5 Kids, Had 2X Legal BAC Limit
- 15-Year-Old Parkville Teen Missing, May Be In Emotional Crisis, Police Say
- Approx. 100 Gallons Of Diesel Oil Leaked From Railcar In Sunday CSX Train Derailment
- Police Searching For Baltimore Inmate After He Jumped Out Of Van During Transport
- Police Searching For Suspect In Woodlawn Shooting