UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (WJZ)– A Prince George’s County woman has been arrested for first-degree assault after police say she pointed a gun at a woman on the street.
Police say on June 17, Amani Barard was driving through the area of Allentown Road and Payne Drive in Fort Washington, Md., when she noticed a female walking.
Reportedly Barard had an ongoing feud with the female and exited her vehicle to entice the victim to fight. When the victim refused to fight, Barard allegedly brandished a black handgun and pointed it at the victim before driving away.
Deputies located Barard in the 14000-block of April Street in Accokeek, Md. She was taken into custody and transported to Prince George’s County Department of Corrections.
Barard, an Accokeek, Md. native, was arrested last week and has been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, firearm use and handgun in vehicle.
Other Local News:
- Hagerstown Man Sentenced 14 Years For Fentanyl Distribution Conspiracy Resulting In At Least 2 Fatal Overdoses
- Mayor Pugh Speaks Out Amid ‘Healthy Holly’ UMMS Controversy | ‘I’m Not Perfect’
- Man Charged For Dragging Harford County Deputy With Car During Traffic Stop
- Murder, Arson Suspect Had Left ID, Address At Scene Of Burning RV, Police Say
- UMMS CEO Takes Leave Of Absence As Board Remains Under Scrutiny