BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Playoff push. The Orioles’ first postseason game is here!
Mary Bubala reports it’s bringing fans back to the glory days of Orioles baseball.
Sixty years of Orioles Magic is in the air at Camden Yards–such a huge moment for our team and our town.
“People have been biting at the bit for this for years to come. And today is the first step in the playoff process. And hopefully, by the end of October, we’re sitting here with that world championship crown on our hats.”
From 1960 to 1997, the Orioles won more games than any other team in the league. Many believe a new winning era is taking hold.
“This is the ball that made the last out when the Orioles clinched a spot in the playoffs.”
At Sports Legends Museum, a new exhibit celebrates the O’s American League East title from this year. Fans are coming to witness the team build a new history.
“We see a lot of fathers and sons or mothers and daughters come through. And the father will be telling the boy what this moment meant to him. And they start to cry.”
“They have one of the most distinguished franchise histories of all the teams I would think.”
But the last time the O’s brought a World Series trophy home was 31 years ago.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Legend Cal Ripken Jr. Marries Anne Arundel County Judge
- Orioles Fire Dan Duquette Following Team’s Biggest Losing Season
- Buck Showalter Won’t Be Back With Orioles Next Season
- Orioles’ Chris Davis Posted Worst Hitting Season In Modern MLB History
- Camden Yards Sees Lowest Attendance In Ballpark’s History In 2018