LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Baltimore area residents can now apply for TSA PreCheck at a new new site located near BWI-Marshall Airport.
The Transportation Security Administration has opened a new application site for its TSA Pre✓™ Application Program in Linthicum, Md, allowing U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to enroll into the TSA expedited screening program. Those travelers will be allowed to leave on their shoes, light outerwear and belt, keep laptops in cases and their compliant liquids or gels in their carry-ons.
The pre-enrollment process begins online on the TSA’s website, and then complete a 10-minute interview at the center.
The application center is located at 605 Global Way, Suite 117 in Linthicum, Md. and open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and then from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The program requires a background check, fingerprints, and an application fee of $85 for a five-year membership.
Nearly 700,000 people have signed up for TSA Pre. This is the second location in Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Code Red Extreme Heat Alert Issued For Tuesday Until Sunday In Baltimore
- Streets Still Closed As Crews Fix Water Main, Fill Sinkhole Downtown
- Glenwood Barn Destroyed In Massive Fire
- PG County Woman Caught With Loaded Handgun At BWI Airport, 19th This Year
- BPD Sgt. Bill Shiflett Injured, Two Dead In Shooting At Baltimore Methadone Clinic — Latest