MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Probate Court Judge Faces Sanctions Over DUI Arrest
- 18-Year-Old Charged With Gun, Drug Violations In South Baltimore
- Dog ‘On The Mend’ After Being Shot In Face During Home Invasion
- Man Who Killed Former BPD Spokesman’s Brother Faces Life In Prison Plus 20 Years
- Police Arrest Panera Bread Pick-Pocket Thieves