MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Gas Leak Reported In Rodgers Forge Area, Delaying Dismissal At Nearby Schools
- Baltimore Drivers To Be Fined $125 For ‘Blocking The Box’
- Government Spends Millions To Guard Confederate Cemeteries, Including One In Maryland
- Mega Millions and Powerball Jackpots Are Close to a Billion Dollars
- Maryland Resident Fights Back; Shoves Armed Suspects Out Of Home