MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Community Gathers Together For 7-Year-Old’s Vigil
- D.C. Police Department Takes On Drake’s ‘In My Feelings’ Challenge
- Ex-Youth Coach Gets Another 30 Years In Child Porn Case
- MISSING: 10-Year-Old Girl Last Seen June 20
- Drug Dealer Sentenced For Fatally Shooting Another Dealer And Distribution Conspiracy