MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore FBI Searching For ‘The Mod Squad’ Bank Robbers
- Mayor Jack Young Signs Gender-Inclusive, Single Occupancy Restroom Bill Into Law At Baltimore Pride Weekend
- 2 Killed In Fatal Anne Arundel County Crash
- Maryland Weather | Chance For Severe Storms On Father’s Day
- 2 Children Hurt In Overturned Vehicle Crash In West Baltimore