MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Charm City Fly In Soars Into Maryland This Weekend
- Settlement Reached With Family Of 9-Year-Old Girl Killed During Police Pursuit
- Maryland Governor Announces New Parental Leave Policy
- Sheriff’s Office Says Rite-Aid Shooter Had Schizophrenia
- TV Stars Protest Kavanaugh By Wearing Black, Walking Off Set