MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore County School Board Approves $1.6 Billion Budget
- Frederick Douglass High School Shooting Victim Released From The Hospital
- Maryland Man Arrested After Walking Around Hotel With Bow And Arrow
- Nick Sandmann Files Lawsuit Against The Washington Post
- Driver Charged With Murder In Wreck That Killed Maryland Man