BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Hundreds of people took part in a protest downtown amid the pomp and fanfare for the Army Navy game Saturday.

The large group of protesters were demanding justice in many police cases in the national spotlight, spreading a message that Black Lives Matter.

READ MORE: Star Spangled Celebration: Fourth Of July Fireworks Light Up Baltimore's Skyline Once Again

“We must continue to protest until killer police are indicted.  Anything short of this is a travesty of justice,” the Rev. C.D. Witherspoon, stated. “We need full community control of police.”

The gathering began at McKeldin Square around 2 p.m. Saturday.

“We are hearing from people from all walks of life; those living in our poorest communities who are fed up with injustice and from students on college campuses and high schools who want change.  Students from UMBC have formed a car pool; high school students from Digital Harbor are attending,” Witherspoon said.

FIST Youth organizer Sara Benjamin says the protests are important not only for Americans now, but future generations.

Benjamin has a 5-year-old daughter named Imari.

READ MORE: Bacteria Levels Prompt Recreational Water Advisory At Cox's Point Park

“I will not stop my efforts to win justice not only for the individual cases whether they be right here in Baltimore or in Ferguson or New York, but for all people who look like me,” she said.

Protesters blocked lanes of traffic, but Baltimore Police report the protest was peaceful.

Around 6:31 p.m., police ordered protesters to clear the intersection of Calvert Street and North Street.

A fourth warning was given to protesters at 6:39 p.m. as they were still blocking the intersection, which made it an illegal assembly. Police had their helicopter also deliver a message to protesters saying, “disperse or face arrest.”

The crowd finally cleared the intersection at 6:44 p.m.

No arrests were made, police report.

Other Local News:
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]

MORE NEWS: Mother Of Abandoned Newborn Receives 18-Month Sentence