EDGEWOOD, Md. (WJZ) — An accident involving a bicyclist is under investigation.
Fire officials were called to Route 24 at Philadelphia Road in Edgewood just after 5 p.m. Friday for reports of a motor vehicle collision involving a cyclist.
A male victim believed to be in his 20s was flown to Shock Trauma with critical injuries.
The incident comes on the heels of a fatal accident involving another cyclist.
Thomas Palermo, 41, was killed last weekend when he was struck by a car as he was riding in a bike lane.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- MD Drivers Finally Heed Work Zone Speed Cameras: AAA
- Maryland Private School Investigating Alleged Sexual Abuse
- Free Eye Exams, Glasses Provided To Kids Before School Starts
- UMD Players, Parents Defend Football Program: ‘These Accusations Are False’
- 2 Killed In Crashes 12 Hours Apart In Baltimore County