BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Baltimore City Health Department is declaring a “Code Blue” for the rest of the week because of the low temperatures expected.
“We are expecting to have very cold temperatures in Baltimore later this week, with the potential of dangerously low wind chills”, Dr. Jacquelyn Duval-Harvey, interim health commissioner, said. “We haven’t had cold weather like this in almost a year, so people need to be prepared and educated about the dangers.”
The Code Blue declaration for Baltimore has been extended through Saturday, Jan. 10.
Other Local News:
- Weather Blog: Bad Weather All Around
- Officials Seek New Rules As Scooters Appear In Baltimore
- Fatal Crash: Mother And Child Hit By Car In Baltimore County
- Flash Flood Watch And Flood Warnings In Effect For Most Of Maryland
- 1 Firefighter Dead After Battling Massive Howard County House Fire