ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — An entire year, and still, no trace of two Maryland children allegedly abducted by their mother. Catherine Hoggle has never revealed the whereabouts of two-year-old Jacob and four-year-old Sarah.
Meghan McCorkell speaks to the children’s father, who will not give up hope that his children are alive.
The children’s mother has been charged with abduction, but the question remains–what happened to Jacob and Sarah Hoggle?
For a year, Troy Turner has been desperate to find out what happened to his two children.
“For all of us, it’s just been rough. Every day is kind of worse than the next in a way,” he said.
On September 7 last year, two-year-old Jacob disappeared with his mother Catherine Hoggle. The next day, Sarah vanished.
Days later, Hoggle was found without the kids.
“I believe that they’re alive. I believe that we’re going to continue until we find them and bring them home,” Turner said.
Facing possible murder charges, Catherine Hoggle has been in a psychiatric hospital since she was found and hasn’t told investigators what happened to her children.
“Miss Hoggle is the subject of a homicide investigation, and that’s why she is in the court system,” said David Felson, Hoggle’s attorney.
After the disappearance, police and volunteers searched parks and wooded areas near where the children were last seen, but they came up with nothing.
Over the year, several tips about the children have come in, including an alleged sighting at an Ohio airport in July and possible spotting at a Virginia mall in May. None have panned out.
Last month, Turner gave a DNA sample to see if a little girl’s body that washed up in Massachusetts was his daughter. It wasn’t.
Despite the lack of leads, he won’t give up hope.
“Quite frankly, I don’t know how long it’s going to take. But however long it is, we’re going to keep doing what we’re doing until they come home or we find the truth,” said Turner.
A truth he hopes reunites him and his children.
Catherine Hoggle is due back in court later this month. She’s previously been ruled incompetent to stand trial.
The family is planning another search for the children in about three weeks.