SUITLAND, Md. (WJZ) — A fight at school between two teenage girls. Now the aunt of one of the girls is getting involved. The fight broke out inside Suitland High in Prince George’s County.

Marcus Washington explains the aunt is furious over the way a school officer intervened.

A student witness recorded the incident on his cell phone. When the aunt of one of those girls saw the video, she says the officer went too far, assaulting her niece.

The shaky, one-angle video shows two girls fighting inside the halls of Suitland High School in Prince George’s County.

While hard to see at times, an aunt of one of the girls says the fight turned from ugly to appalling because she says a school security officer then started assaulting her 16-year-old niece.

“He’s literally grabbing her by her hair. He’s shaking her like a rag doll on the floor and then he proceeds to escort her down the school hall by her hair,” said Robinson.

Robinson admits her niece started the fight, but insists the officer overreacted.

“What he did was just purely unacceptable,” she said.

In a statement, a Prince George’s County public school spokesperson says: “The school’s Security Officer quickly responded, and intervened to prevent students from physical harm. The cell phone video that was taken by a student witness and shared with the media does not include enough information to make a determination if excessive force was used; therefore, additional investigation into the incident is currently underway.”

Parents and students shared mixed emotions after watching the video.

“He is very aggressive,” a woman said.

“He’s got to break up the situation,” said one man.

“They’re supposed to break it up, just like that. When it’s females, females tend to pull hair, and that’s even harder to break up,” another man said.

In recent weeks, similar excessive force accusations have occurred in Texas with a male student and another female student in South Carolina.

Back in Maryland, Robinson says she feels the officer was large enough to control her niece without pulling her hair.

“With the footage that I have, he’s the only guard that I saw. Somebody else should have been there with him to help him control that situation,” said Robinson.

The officer has been removed from the school and placed on desk duty, pending the outcome of an investigation.

Robinson’s niece was suspended for five days because of her involvement in the fight.