BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A recall has been issued for nearly 373,000 pounds of hot dogs and corn dogs because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced.
The products, manufactured by Oklahoma-based Bar-S Foods Company, under recall are ready-to-eat chicken and pork hot dogs and corn dogs. They were produced between July 10-13 and carry the establishment number “EST. P-81A” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
They were shipped to retailers nationwide. So far, there have been no reports of illnesses from those who have consumed the foods.
Here’s a full list of the products subject to the recall:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
Bar-S Foods notified the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) office in Dallas July 19 of the company’s intention to issue a recall. The company has not received test results confirming any contamination, but decided to pull the products from the shelves as a precautionary measure “due to recurring Listeria species issues at the firm.”
Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis infection. Symptoms include fever, headache, convulsions, diarrhea and more. Particularly prone to infection are elderly people, pregnant women and those with weakened immune systems. For a full list of symptoms, click here.