BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Ten men have been arrested and charged with solicitation and disorderly conduct after responding to fake ads placed by detectives on the website “Backpage,” Howard County Police say.
The site is known to be used for prostitution, authorities say.
The men who called the number in the fake ad spoke with undercover female officers, who provided a meeting location at a hotel in the 8100 block of Washington Boulevard in Jessup upon the caller’s request. When the men arrived, they were arrested and charged.
The men arrested are identified as:
- Garland D. Hodges, 51, Nottingham
- Leon M. Mil, 38, Columbia
- Douglas Dixon, 30, Prince Frederick
- Juan P. Rodriguez, 30, Beltsville
- Jacob L. Cramer, 34, Huntingtown
- Cesar A. Angel-Sermeno, 32, Columbia
- Cuong T. Le, 22, Jessup
- Osman P. Akcam, 53, Perry Hall
- John C. Organ, 27, Silver Spring
- Drew T. Kramer, 25, Baltimore
UPDATE: The charges against Leon M. Mil were dropped.
This post was updated on Aug. 19, 2019.