BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The match up between the streaking AFC teams striving to reach playoffs is surely one to watch.
This is sort of a “playoff preview” as the NFL’s top-ranked Baltimore rush defense will take on the sixth-ranked Miami rushing offense. The Dolphins have won six straight games, and the Ravens have won three of their last four.
Like Miami, the Ravens rebounded from a poor stretch earlier in the season. After losing four straight in October, Baltimore won three of four to climb into a first-place tie in the AFC North.
Coach John Harbaugh said, “We’re improving as a football team. We’re starting to play good, complementary football. Each phase is playing to the strength of the other phase – field position, offense and defense playing to each other.”
The Dolphins are in the running for a wild card spot currently sitting 7-4, right behind the Patriots in the AFC East and the Ravens are 6-5, currently tied for first place in the AFC North with the Pittsburgh Steelers looking for the division title.
- New England is ahead of Oakland based on conference record (7-1 to the Raiders’ 6-1).
- Baltimore is ahead of Pittsburgh in the AFC North based on head to head (1-0).
- Baltimore is ahead of Houston based on conference record (6-2 to the Texans’ 4-4).
- Miami is ahead of Denver based on conference record (5-3 to the Broncos’ 4-3).
- Pittsburgh is ahead of Buffalo based on conference record (5-3 to the Bills’ 3-4).
- Indianapolis is ahead of San Diego based on head to head (1-0).