Pasadena, Md. (WJZ) — A tragic house fire leaves one man dead and his son in critical condition. Flames broke out inside the Pasadena home late Friday night, killing 92-year-old Guy Richard Ringler.

Amy Yensi has more from the victim’s family.

Guy Ringler’s daughter, Faith Ringler-Stevinson was at her father’s Pasadena home trying to save what she could from the wreckage. She tells WJZ her dad lived a wonderful life and she misses him dearly.

A cloak of ashes and soot cover the antiques and memories inside the Pasadena home.

The aftermath of a fire that trapped and killed Guy Richard Ringler and left his son, Guy F. Ringler clinging to life.

“A neighbor called me and said Faith, your father’s house in on fire. And I lost it. I totally lost it,” says daughter Faith.

The Anne Arundel County Fire Department got the call just after 11:30 p.m. Friday night.

Faith Ringler-Stevinson arrived at her dad’s home on the 4400 block of Forsythia Lane shortly after, to hear the terrible news.

Fire crews found her brother in the kitchen, suffering from cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated and taken to the burn center at Johns Hopkins Bayview with critical injuries.

They found her father’s body in the living room.

Faith tells WJZ he was a U.S. Marine, who proudly served in World War II.

He enjoyed spending time with family and making replicas of traditional American-Indian garb.

“He loved everybody. Wonderful person. He’s with my mother now. I miss my daddy already.”

The Ringler family has been in the Pasadena neighborhood for over 60 years. They’re loved by everyone in the community and many people have been stopping by to drop off flowers.

“It’s just so sad. It’s just so sad,” says family friend Bonnie Smith.

Fire officials say there were no working smoke alarms inside the home.

“There’s never enough time. Always. I don’t care. You always tell somebody you love them,” says Faith.

The family tells WJZ the autopsy is set for Monday. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

The cause of the fire is under investigation by members of the Anne Arundel County Fire and Explosives Investigation Unit. Officials say that there were no working smoke alarms inside the home.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook