OWINGS MILLS (WJZ) — A funeral will be held for Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz Friday — a day after he suddenly died from cardiac arrest.
Kamenetz’s funeral will be at the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation at 7401 Park Heights Avenue at 2 p.m. The service will be broadcast through the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation here.
Here’s what we know:
- Tightness in chest at 2 a.m.
- Went to Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company for medical aid
- Collapsed, lost consciousness
- Transported to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center in full cardiac arrest
- Pronounced dead around 3:20 a.m.
- No history of health problems
His burial will follow at the Baltimore Hebrew Cemetey at Berrymans Lane.
Starting around 3:30 p.m., the funeral procession will travel:
• North on Park Heights Avenue to 695-West
• Merging onto Interstate 695-West to Interstate 795-North
• Merging onto Interstate 795-North to Exit 7B, Franklin Boulevard, West
• Traveling west on Franklin Boulevard to Nicodemus Road
• Turning right onto Nicodemus Road and continuing to Berrymans Lane
• Turning right onto Berrymans Lane and continuing to the Cemetery
Kamenetz was Jewish, so his family will sit Shiva at his home in Owings Mills Saturday, Sunday and Monday with evening services at 7 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to the following charities in Kamenetz’s honor:
American Cancer Society
405 Williams Court
Baltimore, MD 21220
Baltimore Humane Society
1601 Nicodemus Road
Reisterstown, MD 21136