PERRY HALL, Md. (WJZ) — Police have arrested a 19-year-old man in the fatal shooting of Taylor India Webb.

Webb, 20, was found shot to death inside her vehicle in Perry Hall over a week ago.

READ MORE: Maryland Court Workers Barred From Wearing ‘Thin Blue Line’ Masks

20-Year-Old Woman Found Shot To Death In Perry Hall

Christopher James Engles of the unit block of Bellhurst Way in Perry Hall was charged with first-degree murder.

Christopher James Engles

Baltimore County Police were dispatched for a shots fired call and a suspicious vehicle Tuesday, Feb. 26, at 11:56 p.m on Hickory Falls Way and Hickoryhurst Drive.

When police arrived, they located a GMC Acadia parked on the side of the street.

Police found Webb inside the car with gunshot wounds to her body. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

When interviewing acquaintances of Webb, police found she had been in contact with an ex-boyfriend nicknamed “Bibby” throughout the day and evening she was killed.

Webb had arranged a time to meet “Bibby” that evening.

She left her acquaintance’s house to meet him about 35 to 40 minutes prior to her murder.

Investigators later identified “Bibby” as Engles.

Investigators reviewed text messages sent between Webb and an acquaintance when she was traveling to meet Engles.

“Here my location in case he try to kill me or set me up,” Webb said in a text.

Minutes before Webb was murdered, she sent additional text messages that stated Engles was walking down the street and making sure that she was alone.

Webb was also sent to an address that Engles didn’t live at, according to charging documents.

Following a review of cell tower records, investigators found that Engles’ cell phone was in the area of the murder at the time it occurred, and then traveled to another location several miles away shortly after the incident.

READ MORE: Baltimore Mayor Announces Pilot Program To Direct Some 911 Calls To Mental Health Professionals

After a period of time, Engles’ phone returned to the area of his residence in the morning of Feb. 27.

During his interview with a Baltimore County detective, Engles diminished his relationship with Webb. He said they were only friends.

Engles told the investigating detective he had last spoken to Webb around 2 a.m. the day that she was murdered.

The leading detective of the investigation told Engles that his phone records indicated he was in communication with her in the evening hours closer to when she was murdered.

Engles then said his communication with Webb was in the evening hours.

He provided his phone number which matched the communication record with the victim.

Engles stated that he never left his residence the evening of the murder, or the following morning, which was inconsistent with his records.

Based on the investigation, Engles was charged with first-degree murder of Webb.

He remains held without bond at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

This isn’t the first time either the suspect or the victim have been charged with a crime.

Webb was charged with first-degree assault on two women Dec. 16. because she believed her boyfriend was cheating on her with one of them.

Charging documents said that Webb threw eggs, toilet paper and a pumpkin at a house. The women got into a fight and Webb swung a knife.

In 2017, Engles was charged after he brought a gun to Perry Hall High School.

He was 17 years old.

The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.

MORE NEWS: Baltimore Artscape Canceled For A Second Year In A Row

Follow @WJZ on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook