SALISBURY (WJZ) — An early morning house fire destroyed a home on the Eastern Shore.

The fire started just before 1 a.m. on Friday morning in the attic of the home on Bryn Mawr Ave. in Salisbury.

READ MORE: ALERT DAY: Extreme Heat & Humidity Creating Potentially Dangerous Conditions

It took more than two dozen firefighters 40 minutes to get the fire under control.

READ MORE: Early Voting Wins Preakness Stakes Amid Record Heat

It caused at least $100,000 in damage.

MORE NEWS: Ravens' Football Clinic Helps Children Improve Sports Skills

The fire is blamed on an electrical shortage.