LANSDOWNE, Md. (WJZ) — The cause of a home explosion in Lansdowne Tuesday was accidental, according to Baltimore County Fire officials.

Fire investigators said a contractor was working inside the home to refinish a bathtub when the chemicals he was using ignited, causing the explosion and fire. Investigators said there were multiple possible sources of ignition.

READ MORE: What Is Medication Abortion, And Who Has Access To It?

Contractor Injured In Reported Home Explosion, Fire In Baltimore County

READ MORE: Maryland Gas Tax Set To Increase, Some Legislators Call For Another Tax Holiday

The home in the 4200 block of Twin Circle Way was significantly damaged.

The contractor remains hospitalized at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with serious injuries.

MORE NEWS: Matthew Wolff, Carlos Ortiz Among The Latest To Join Saudi-Backed LIV Golf

The investigation is ongoing.