BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Baltimore police sergeant who was shot outside his home during an alleged robbery Thursday is in critical but stable condition condition.
The Baltimore FOP tweeted Friday that, “Sgt. Carrington remains in stable condition.”READ MORE: $30K Reward Offered For Information In Efraim Gordon's Fatal Shooting
“President Mancuso is currently at Shock Trauma and reports that Sgt. Carrington remains in stable condition. Thank you for your overwhelming concern and we ask that you continue to pray for our brother!” the tweet read.
President Mancuso is currently at Shock Trauma and reports that Sgt. Carrington remains in stable condition. Thank you for your overwhelming concern and we ask that you continue to pray for our Brother!
— Baltimore City FOP (@FOP3) August 9, 2019
Baltimore Police Sergeant Isaac Carrington went into surgery Friday after he was on life support Thursday in the ICU. Carrington was shot multiple times in the 5600 block of Summerfield Avenue around 3:24 p.m.READ MORE: What Parents Need To Know About COVID Vaccines For Preteens, Teens As FDA Expected To Give Pfizer OK
WHAT WE KNOW:
- Baltimore Police sergeant shot multiple times during an alleged robbery in northeast Baltimore.
- He was identified as Sgt. Isaac Carrington, a 22-year veteran of the force.
- He was shot outside his home in northeast Baltimore.
- He is in critical but stable condition.
Baltimore Police Commissioner Michael Harrison said that an initial investigation revealed that the 43-year-old Carrington was standing in front of his lawn, speaking with a neighbor, when an unknown vehicle believed to be an Acura, pulled onto the street.
That’s when a masked suspect tried to rob them and Carrington was shot. Carrington was rushed to Shock Trauma where he remains in the ICU.
- Baltimore Police Sergeant Isaac Carrington On Life Support, In ICU After Shooting In Northeast Baltimore
- Maryland Lawmakers, Officials Send Words Of Support To Baltimore Police Sergeant Isaac Carrington Injured In Shooting
- ‘It’s Really Surprising’ | Neighbors, Residents React To Baltimore Police Sgt. Injured In Shooting
- $19K Reward Offered For Information Leading To Arrest Of Suspect In Connection To Shooting Of Baltimore Police Sergeant Isaac Carrington
Police are actively searching for suspects in the case. They spent Thursday collecting evidence from the scene and are interviewing witnesses.
Police put out a bulletin on the scanner urging officers to be on the lookout for the suspect car.MORE NEWS: Don't Bug Out About Cicadas: University of Md. Expert Answers Questions
Carrington is a 22-year veteran on the force. He is a husband and father of three.