BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Monday’s heat broke a more than 100-year-old Baltimore record.
The high was 99 degrees at BWI. The previous record for Aug. 19 was 97 degrees in 1914.
Dulles International Airport broke their previous record set in 2002 with a 95 degree high.
- Maryland Weather | Heat Index Up To 103 Expected Monday, Thunderstorms Possible Later
- Code Red Extreme Heat Alert Extended To Wednesday
- Here’s Where You Can Find A Cooling Center In Maryland
- Humane Society Urging Pet Owners To Keep Pets Safe As Heat Wave Continues
- Six More Heat-Related Deaths Reported In Maryland
New record high of 99 degrees set at BWI .. previous record was 97! Stay cool! #WJZ
— Bob Turk WJZ-TV 13 (@TurkWJZ) August 19, 2019
A code red alert is in effect for Baltimore through Wednesday.