HAMPSTEAD, Md. (WJZ) — A Carroll County woman was taken to Shock Trauma for smoke inhalation exposure after a house fire.

The fire broke out around 6:30 p.m. on Monday night on Gaming Square in Hampstead.

READ MORE: Maryland Weather: A Brief Thaw Wednesday Before Snow Moves In

Firefighters said a lithium battery inside a moon lamp began to smoke, then sparked a small fire.

READ MORE: Ovechkin Scores 27th Goal, Capitals Beat Jets In Overtime

The two homeowners managed to put it out before firefighters arrived.

MORE NEWS: Michigan Gets First Win In A Month, Slams Maryland 83-64

One woman, however, was having difficulty breathing because of smoke exposure.