TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Seven people, including a juvenile charged as an adult, have been charged with first-degree murder in the death of a man whose body was found near a Towson apartment building in July.
Daniel Alejandro Alvarado Cuellar’s body was found July 31 in the 8400 block of Loch Raven Boulevard. Police had been called to the scene around 3:30 a.m. for a report of a cardiac arrest.READ MORE: ‘Tremendous Loss’ Violence Prevention Worker Killed In East Baltimore Mass Shooting
- Police Identify Body Found In Towson As 21-Year-Old Daniel Alejandro Alvarado Cuellar
- Police Identify Body Found In Towson; Being Investigated As Homicide
When officers arrived, they found Alvarado Cuellar unresponsive with trauma to his upper body.
Baltimore County Police said he was the intended victim of a planned murder, though a motive has not been determined.
The medical examiner’s office ruled his death a homicide by multiple sharp force objects.READ MORE: Maryland Weather: Wind Chill To Bring Bitter Cold Friday
“The cause of death was multiple stab wounds, and through our investigation, we were able to determine it was more than one person who caused those stab wounds,” Jennifer Peach, of Baltimore County Police, said.
— Baltimore County Police Department (@BaltCoPolice) September 3, 2019
Police said investigators were able to recover video that led to multiple arrests in connection to the victim’s murder.
Police have since arrested:
- Jonathan Escobar-Hernandez, 20, of Baltimore
- Marlon Leonardo Fabian-Flores, 20, of Manchester
- Edwin Edgardo Garcia-Martir,18, of Middle River
- Hugo Portillo-Chavez, 31, of Cokeysville
- Jose Fausto Rivera-Coreas, 19, of Cockeysville
- Odaliz Rosas-Yanez, 20, of Cockeysville
- Leonel Alexander Velasquez-Hernadez, 16, of Cockeysville
All seven are being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.
“At this point, they are all charged with first-degree murder,” Peach said.MORE NEWS: Here's How To Prevent The Cold Snap From Freezing Your Pipes
Police said that all seven suspects could face a life sentence in prison if they are convicted. They also said that there is a possibility more people could be charged in connection to this homicide.