EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ) — Anne Arundel County Fire crews were on the scene of a fire in Edgewater Sunday afternoon.
The fire broke out at 3:41 p.m. at 1629 Chesapeake Lane in Edgewater.
There were no civilian injuries, and it took around 40 minutes to extinguish the fire with 45 firefighters responding.
The occupants discovered the fire, and officials believe it was accidentally caused by a gas-powered generator.
A resident of the home was working in the attached carport on the generator when the fuel began to leak and ignited.
Two adults and two juveniles were displaced and are being helped by the Red Cross.