CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) — Fire crews in Maryland say a running generator was found inside a home where six children and two adults were sickened by carbon monoxide.

News outlets report a tweet from the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department says units responded to the home in Capitol Heights Monday morning.

READ MORE: Owner Of Little Italy's Joe Benny's Struggles Without Federal Help

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly.

READ MORE: James Dale Reed Sentenced To Federal Prison For Threatening President Biden, VP Harris

None of the injuries were said to be life-threatening.

A third adult inside the home refused to be transported to the hospital.

MORE NEWS: Baltimore County Public Schools Open Registration For Fall Sports

(© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)