HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. (WJZ) — The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office says a juvenile playing with a lighter started a townhouse fire in Harford County.

The fire broke out Tuesday around 12:41 p.m. in the 400 block of Battery Drive in Havre de Grace.

It took firefighters about 50 minutes to extinguish the flames.

A responding police officer was taken to an area hospital for evaluation due to minor smoke inhalation.

The fire caused about $55,000 in total damage.

Two adults, six children and one dog was displaced due to the fire.


Leave a Reply