BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Two patients who came into the Greater Baltimore Medical Center’s emergency room later tested positive for coronavirus and are recuperating at home.
The hospital group made the announcement on YouTube Thursday.
“We have a number of others who are sick, but we do not have the results,” he said.
Chessare thanked his doctors, nurses and staff to date and he also thanked citizens who are self-quarantining and washing their hands regularly.
“Because of this, you are helping to blunt the surge of cases,” he said. “The worst thing that could happen is that not very sick patients brought the virus to the hospital and infected the staff.”
He said if the staff gets infected they will not be able to care for the smaller number of people who really need their help.
- American Red Cross In Need Of Blood Donors During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus-Related Closings
- Coronavirus In Maryland: What We Know
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here’s What To Watch Out For
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
At this time it is unclear if he’s talking about new cases or cases the state has already reported.