GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WJZ) — As the number of coronavirus cases continues to grow both in Maryland and around the world, the race is on to find a vaccine.
At Novavax lab in Montgomery County, researches said they are seeing some positive results after just a few weeks of trial.READ MORE: State Commerce Secretary Kelly Schulz Announces Run For Maryland Governor
CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE:READ MORE: University Of Maryland Will Have In-Person Spring 2021 Commencement At Maryland Stadium
- What Is A Coronavirus?
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- LIST: EPA Releases Names Of Disinfectants You Can Use Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here’s What To Watch Out For
- What We Know About Coronavirus In Maryland
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
Maryland officials are reporting at least 423 cases of coronavirus across the state as of Wednesday morning.MORE NEWS: Watch Live: Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott To Give Update On Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine At 4:30 PM
The state is now up 74 cases from Tuesday the biggest one-day jump to date since cases began in the state. Of the total cases, 217 cases are for people ages 20-54. There are also five pediatric cases in the state.