BALTIMORE (WJZ) — There is no official date yet for Preakness 145, despite speculation, the Stronach Group and Maryland Jockey Club sais in a statement Wednesday.
“The Stronach Group and The Maryland Jockey Club is aware of speculation about a potential date for Preakness 145. At this point in time, there is no definitive date set and we continue to explore options,” a statement reads.READ MORE: Maryland Weather: Mix Of Sun & Clouds
- Uncertain Triple Crown: A Preakness Stakes In Flux
- Coronavirus Update: The Stronach Group Cancels InfieldFest 2020, New Preakness Date Still Unknown
- Coronavirus Resources: How To Get Help In Maryland
- Coronavirus In Maryland: What We Know
- Coronavirus-Related Closings
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
The group said once Preakness 145 has been finalized, an official announcement will be made.
MORE NEWS: Video Shows Squeegee Worker Assaulting A Driver At Busy Baltimore Intersection
The Stronach Group/Maryland Jockey Club is aware that a potential date for Preakness 145 has been announced. At this point, there is no definitive date set and we continue to explore options. Once a date for Preakness 145 has been finalized, an official announcement will be made. pic.twitter.com/k6ycakWBro
— Preakness Stakes (@PreaknessStakes) May 6, 2020