BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A firefighter was injured and two people were displaced after a fire at Islander Inn in Edgemere overnight.

The fire started around 1:30 a.m. at the restaurant located at 9008 Cuckold Point Road. The owner, who lives on the second floor, was home when he saw signs of a fire sparking and called 911.

READ MORE: Anne Arundel County Public Schools May Require Mandatory Masks If COVID Cases Rise

When firefighters arrived, they were met with challenges fighting the blaze.

On the backside of the building, there were propane tanks they had to shut off, said Nicholas Tyson with Baltimore County Fire.

READ MORE: Maryland Weather: High Heat Will Be Present During Preakness

Once inside, they ran into more issues because of the water supply. Firefighters had trouble getting water from hydrants so they had to back out and fight the fire from the outside.

The second floor and roof collapsed into the building.

The fire started in the freezer and storage area, according to officials.

MORE NEWS: Baltimore Police Unveil “SMART” Crime Strategy As Violence Surges; Hogan Weighs In

One firefighter was transported with minor injuries and two people, the owner and his wife, were displaced.