OCEAN CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A 24-year-old Pennsylvania man was charged after police said is he accidentally fired a gun at the Madison Beach Motel in Ocean City.
The incident happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday. Police said no one was injured in the incident.READ MORE: Vacant Building Partially Collapses In Baltimore
- 21-Year-Old Alizae Giselle Lugo Charged In June 13 Stabbing In Ocean City, Maryland
- Ocean City, Maryland Police Seize AK-47 After 4 Teens Found Sleeping In Car
- 2 Suspects Wanted After Stabbing On Ocean City Boardwalk
- Victim In Ocean City Boardwalk Assault Identified, Not Cooperating With Police
- Police Plan To Increase Patrols In Wake Of Violence At Ocean City, Maryland Boardwalk; Behavior ‘Will Not Be Tolerated’
- Ocean City, Maryland Police Make 120+ Arrests, Step Up Police Presence In Response To Boardwalk Violence
OCPD ON SCENE: The Ocean City Police Department is on the scene of a call for a discharge of a firearm at the Madison Beach Motel. No one was injured as a result of the discharge. Officers and Forensic Services are still on scene processing and the suspect is in custody.
— Ocean City PD (@OCPDMDInfo) June 17, 2020READ MORE: Naval Academy Midshipman Injured In Small Plane Crash In Easton
Police said Jon-Raymond Harperez was charged with handgun on person, reckless endangerment and discharge of a firearm within city limits.
He was seen by a court commissioner, transferred to the Worcester County Jail where he is being held without bond.
MORE NEWS: Unemployed Workers Union File Class Action Lawsuit To Prevent End Of Federal Benefits