ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — As the state prepares for heavy rains due to Tropical Storm Isaias, some COVID-19 testing sites will close Tuesday.
COVID-19 testing operations at community-based sites will be suspended Tuesday due to the storm.
Please be advised that #COVID19 testing operations at community-based sites will be suspended Tuesday, August 4 due to Tropical Storm #Isaias. Marylanders should monitor https://t.co/Js0RaUxowZ for updates.
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) August 3, 2020
- TIMELINE: When Will Isaias Reach Maryland?
- MEMA Activates Pre-Landfall Planning Team To Prepare As Tropical Storm Makes Its Way Up East Coast
- Tropical Storm Warnings In Effect For Parts Of Maryland As Tropical Storm Isaias Lashes Florida Coast
The state is preparing for the worst as tropical storm warnings and watches are in effect for parts of the state, including Baltimore City. See what the state can expect.
Testing in Harford County is also suspended for Tuesday.
“Due to the tropical storm predicted to hit our area this week, the COVID-19 testing scheduled for Tuesday, August 4th, will be postponed to August 11th. We are so sorry for everyone who has registered already. We will follow up with further details as soon as we know more information,” said Molly Mraz, communications and public information officer for Harford County’s health department.
Cecil County’s free coronavirus testing event at the VEIP Station has been canceled for Tuesday as well.
Anyone who had a scheduled appointment will automatically be moved to August 11 at the same location.
Here is a list from the state of testing sites that are currently scheduled to operate this week:
No Appointment or Doctor’s Order Required
Maryland Department of Health Sites:
- Baltimore Convention Center (Baltimore City) – Open Wednesday, August 5 and Friday, August 7, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. both days
Appointments are not required but are strongly encouraged. Visit covidtest.maryland.gov to schedule.
- Glen Burnie VEIP (Anne Arundel) – Open Wednesday, August 5 and Friday, August 7, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. both days
- Six Flags America (Prince George’s) – Open Wednesday, August 5 and Friday, August 7, 7 a.m.-10 a.m. both days
Prince George’s County Health Department Sites (All sites closing at 2 p.m. on Monday, August 3; testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4):
- Adventist Medical Group – Indian Head Highway
- Laurel-Beltsville Senior Activity Center
- Prince George’s County Health Department, Cheverly Health Center
- Rollingcrest-Chillum Recreation Center
- Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Center
For updates on PGCHD’s testing sites and a testing-site locator, visit Health.MyPGC.us/CovidTesting.
Schedule Online: Appointment Required – No Doctor’s Order Required
Maryland Department of Health Sites:
- Columbia VEIP (Howard) – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
- Hagerstown VEIP (Washington) – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
- Waldorf VEIP (Charles) – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
Visit covidtest.maryland.gov to schedule.
Baltimore City Health Department Site:
- Pimlico Race Course – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
Appointments are required to guarantee a test, but walks-ups will be accepted when possible from 8 a.m.-12 p.m., most Tuesdays and Thursdays, weather permitting. Visit covidtest.maryland.gov to schedule.
Baltimore County Department of Health Sites:
- Baltimore-Highlands – Lansdowne Health Center
- Owings Mills VEIP
- Timonium Fairgrounds – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
NOTE: All appointments scheduled for Tuesday, August 4 at Timonium Fairgrounds will be honored on Wednesday, August 5 at the originally scheduled appointment time. Visit https://bcwebservices.wufoo.com/forms/covid19-testing-appointments/ to schedule.
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services Sites:
- Germantown – Regal Theater Parking Garage
- Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
- White Oak Community Recreation Center – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
Note: The testing site formerly located at the White Oak VEIP station has relocated to the White Oak Community Recreation Center at 1700 April Ln., Silver Spring, MD 20904. Montgomery County DHHS is planning to host several pop-up testing sites this week. Visit MoCoCOVIDTesting.org for more information or to schedule at any Montgomery County testing site.
Schedule via Physician: Appointment and Doctor’s Order Required
- Bel Air VEIP (Harford)
- Carroll County Agricultural Center (Carroll) – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4
Note: There will not be any testing at Carroll County Agricultural Center from Wednesday, July 29 to Monday, August 10 due to the Carroll County 4-H Fair. Testing will instead be held at Friendship Valley Elementary School at 1100 Gist Road, Westminster, MD 21157 on Thursday, August 6. There will not be any testing sessions held at Friendship Valley Elementary School on Sundays. Testing is scheduled to return to the Ag Center on Tuesday, August 11.
- Prince Frederick VEIP (Calvert) – Testing canceled for Tuesday, August 4