LEONARDTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — Significant storm damage was reported around parts of Maryland after Tropical Storm Isaias made its way through the region.
Tornadoes were reported in parts of the Eastern Shore as well as southern Maryland — uprooting a home from its foundation, ripping off roofs and tearing trees down.READ MORE: Upper Marlboro Man Dionte Sims Charged With Shooting, Killing His Fiancee, Firing At Officers
- 2 Rescued After Cars Swept Away By Floodwaters In La Plata During Isaias Storms
- Maryland Weather: Power Outages, Storm Damage Reported As Isaias Leaves Maryland
- 2 Tornadoes Landed On Lower Eastern Shore Early Tuesday, NWS Confirms
- 1 Killed After Tree Falls On Moving Vehicle In St. Mary’s County As Tropical Storm Isaias Blew Through Maryland
- PHOTOS: Tropical Storm Isaias In Maryland
Trees were knocked down in various parts of the state, like in Leonardtown in southern Maryland, where trees came down on top of a house and a car.
SOMDWXNEWS is safe after a tornado went through our area on MD 5 next to Winters Sheet Metal just south of Leonardtown. Multiple trees down along Rt 5 and several into a house and on top of a car. Many trees cut off at the top of the top. pic.twitter.com/u4XVMPLSas
— SouthernMD WX & NEWS (@SOMDWxNews) August 4, 2020
A tree fell into a home in Prince George’s County at around 10 a.m. No one was trapped or injured.
At approx 10:00 am, #PGFD units were dispatched for a collapse investigation in the 6900 blk of Hillmeade Road in Glenn Dale. Upon, crew located a large tree that had fallen on a residence. No one trapped, no injuries, no transports. pic.twitter.com/dCG4CF5bm9
— Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department (@PGFDNews) August 4, 2020
Anne Arundel County also reported trees and debris down, closing down lanes.READ MORE: National Zoo Big Cats Test 'Presumptive Positive' For COVID-19
— MD State Highway Adm (@MDSHA) August 4, 2020
Another large tree was reported down along Greenspring Road in Baltimore City.
— Rachael Cardin (@RachaelCardin) August 4, 2020
Ocean City saw some damage as well, as they received heavy winds and a little bit of rain in and out throughout the morning.
A roof was significantly damaged, ripped off at some point.
BGE reported 24,000 customers currently without power while Delmarva Power reported more than 30,000 customers without power along Maryland’s Eastern Shore Tuesday afternoon.
Governor Larry Hogan reported the following on damages across the state:MORE NEWS: Row Home Collapses In West Baltimore, None Injured
- Calvert County: Numerous road closures from high water; report of waterspout near Breezy Point beach area with possible landfall.
- Charles County: Some flooding reported.
- St. Mary’s County: 7.05″ inches of rainfall reported in Leonardtown, tornadic activity
- City of Annapolis: Flooding with multiple street closures
- Baltimore County: Multiple trees/wires down
- Wicomico County: Tornadic activity in area of Mardela Springs
- Worcester County: Confirmed touchdown of a tornado in the Girdle Tree area